WINTER SPORTS SCHOOL
The Ridge has offered a Ski School for over 50 years. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced skier or snowboarder, we are happy to help find the best lesson program for you or your family. All ages and abilities are welcome.
Why learn at the Ridge?
Small classes, quality lessons and great fun! Snowboard, skiing, and snowshoe lessons are available.
You Should Know.
- Equipment rentals are available in the lower level of the Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center, North by Northwest Surf and Brown’s Outdoor in Port Angeles, and Kitsap Sports in Bremerton. See our equipment rentals page for further information.
- Be prepared for changes in the weather with extra clothes, gloves, eye protection and sunscreen.
- Bring a snack and drink or purchase a meal at the Mountain View Cafe on the lower level of the Hurricane Ridge Visitor Center. Take-out only this season due to COVID-19.
- Reservations are recommended for private lessons. Contact the Ski School Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your date and time. All lessons are subject to instructor availability.
Email email@example.com for further information.
- 11:00 am and 1:00 pm
- To book a lesson, email the Ski School Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your date and time.
Skiing, snowboarding and snowshoeing.
Create your perfect day with a private lesson. Learn how to improve your skiing and snowboarding skills in a one-on-one setting — or with a group of your friends and family — while enjoying the beauty of Hurricane Ridge and Olympic National Park.
WHY TAKE A PRIVATE LESSON?
You call the shots. Want to learn the basics? Eager to give the terrain park a try? Enjoy skiing and riding more with personalized coaching and instruction that fits your needs and expectations.
Hurricane Ridge’s multi-week programs are pretty awesome! You get the same instructor every time and you ski or ride with the same people each week. We have three, 3-week sessions available starting on the first weekend of January, February and March.
11:00 a.m. – Saturday 3 consecutive week program
11:00 a.m. – Sunday 3 consecutive week program
Email email@example.com to reserve your lesson.
Drop in Private lessons
Just give us your ability level and we will do the rest. Focused, personalized instruction with a maximum of 6 people per instructor. Solidify fundamentals or tackle that nagging soft spot in your abilities.
1:00 p.m. – Saturday drop-in lessons
1:00 p.m. – Sunday drop-in group lesson
Our three week consecutive group lessons start at 11:00 on Saturdays and 11:00 on Sundays. Drop in lessons begin at 1:00 on Saturday and 1:00 on Sundays. Private lessons can happen at either 11:00 or 1:00.